Mission and Goals
- Our holistic philosophy defines wellness parallel with that of the World Health Organization as being a state of physical, mental, and social well-being.
- Our motto, "be healthy and teach a child to be healthy", conveys the mentor-driven style of service delivery.
- Our health initiatives are founded on the Healthy People 2010 objectives, which detail America’s prevention agenda.
- Our collaborative team offers an innovative model of community-based health promotion - the village-concept model.
- Ultimately, our goal is to improve community health.
- To provide an environment to foster the mentor-participant relationship.
- To promote lifelong learning, healthy eating, and physical activity.
- To instruct the participants on nutrition-related topics and physical activities.